Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Observatory 

Ahhhh the observatory... Even though the visit didn't go as planned, I still found the subject material to be mildly interesting. I'm not a huge history fan, but I found the old telescopes very intriguing. It was also very impressive when that one guy (I forgot his name) found the circumstance of the earth by using such a simple instrument. I complain about doing "pre made" math problems when these guys had to teach themselves the math methods and techniques to fulfill the goal of the problem statement. I still fully believe that the people who created geometry are wizards. Although the history observatory was gorgeous and filled with old gadgets, I much preferred the scientific building for the kids. There were so many buttons. I could have spent forever in that building. My favorite part about that building was the light up planets. It was so interesting to see technology and information that was so outdated as well. 2006 was a long time ago. I'm not saying that all of their information is wrong, I'm just saying that a lot has changed in the past 9 years. Even though I didn't get to make a spectrometer, I still enjoyed the visit and I appreciated the guide for showing us around the buildings. 

1 comment:

  1. I got a lot out of the astronomy visit also! Especially the geometry!!! :) it was cool how they could make a pretty accurate map using trigonometry.

    ReplyDelete