Tuesday, June 2, 2015

PACE PROJECT

Throughout the PACE project I followed the orders of Rebecca and executed a long list of grueling tasks. I'm totally joking. Cleaning up the metro area wasn't terrible at all. Oddly, I found it fun and rewarding. I scraped off stickers from the mafia then swept the ground until I got annoyed. I cleaned and painted metro poles. I even scrubbed graffiti off of walls and stair railings. It was so nice that the locals were so approving of our services. I thought that they would be super grumpy because we were blocking their metro entrances and exits. Having old people say "bravo" is heart warming and thrilling. I'm sort of sad that we didn't get to talk to more Italian people. I was looking forward to meeting other Italian girls that were my age. It would have been fun to chat with them and compare college majors and life stories. I think that the coolest part about the PACE project was that we noticed our hard work when we revisited the site. It was really cool to visit that specific metro stop and say "hey, I painted this". Rebecca was very motivated and her story was inspirational. I'm still impressed at her energy levels throughout the day. She was never grumpy or in despair. That really helped me from getting super mopey from fatigue and dehydration. Overall, it was a fantastic experience. 

3 comments:

  1. I completely agree! Hearing that "bravo!" Was something that I'll never forget!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really did do some cool stuff! It's really awesome to see fruits of our labor

    ReplyDelete
  3. We really did do some cool stuff! It's really awesome to see fruits of our labor

    ReplyDelete