Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Retake Roma

This project was definitely an experience I will remember for the rest of my life. It was so awesome to get to work with members of the community and learn about the impact that Retake Roma is having in Rome; this movement is doing wonderful things to keep the city of Rome a clean and peaceful place for many to live. It was astounding to look at the difference we had made in a little over three hours of working around and in the metro stops; it was great having all sorts of people express genuine gratitude for the work we were doing in cleaning up just a small part of Rome. Really after cleaning up all the stickers, cigarette and cigar stubs, and wrappers etc., I realized that Rome really needed to be cleaned up more than what I had originally believed. There is so much graffiti and useless stickers all over the place, and it's mind-boggling the amount of junk that is placed anywhere. Many lessons were learned through this project such as the willingness to recognize a problem and take action to fix it.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I didn't really notice how dirty Rome was until cleaning it on Sunday. The stickers and graffiti clean up really opened my eyes- I don't know how it all escaped me before!

    ReplyDelete