Tuesday, June 2, 2015

pacce

I enjoyed helping the retake Roma group clean up and seeing the difference we made in just a few hours. I was surprised to hear it was the first time the city had worked with the group and how much of a struggle it was at the beginning of the day with various miscommunications. I was also surprised at how many people, both tourists and Italians, thanked us, or asked us what we were doing, ( I think, from my broken Italian skills) but also the few that saw what we were doing and littered anyways. I was able to understand the Italian mindset more, but still not why they are fine with living in a filthy and graffittied city, or how they don't even realize what Roma could be.

1 comment:

  1. I also really liked our involvement in the clean up and it allowed us to understand more the Italian culture!

    ReplyDelete